Do you know the top women’s health risks? Women have unique health issues. And there are some of the health issues that have different impact on both men and women. Issues that are unique for women are pregnancy, menstruation, menopause, and conditions of the female organs. Women can have a risky pregnancy by not getting early and regular prenatal care. They also face a risk of breast cancer, cervical cancer, and low bone density.
Women and men have many of the same health problems. But some of these problems can affect women differently than men. For example,
- Women are more likely to die following a heart attack than men.
- The health effects of alcoholism are more serious in women.
- Women are more likely to show signs of depression and anxiety than men.
- Depression is the most common women’s mental health problem.
- The effects of sexually transmitted diseases can be more serious in women.
- Osteoarthritis affects more women than men.