In this fast moving life where people don’t have time to relax practicing yoga for few minutes can do wonders to mental, physical and social well being of an individual.
Bhakti yoga is a spiritual path in Hinduism which is refinement of love and devotion toward God. Bhakti means “devotion” or “love” and this path contains various practices to unite the bhakta with the Divine.There are four important paths of yoga Hatha Yoga ,Raja Yoga ,Jnana Yoga and Bhakti Yoga. Bhakti Yoga is the easiest and effective path through which a devotee can experience the unity of mind, body and soul. The most important requirement for Bhakti Yoga is an open, loving heart.
Bhakti yoga Benefits its Devotee enormously According to Swami Sivananda, “Bhakti softens the heart and removes jealousy, hatred, lust, anger, egoism, pride and arrogance. It infuses joy, divine ecstasy, bliss, peace and knowledge. All cares, worries and anxieties, fears, mental torments and tribulations entirely vanish. The devotee is freed from the Samsaric wheel of births and deaths. He attains the immortal abode of everlasting peace, bliss and knowledge”.
Bhakti yoga practitioners believe that they have an exclusive relationship with God. There are 9 different ways in which one can practice Bhakti yoga. The different ways are as follows:-
- Sravana: – This way includes hearing God’s virtues, prayers, songs stories folklores.
- Kirtana: – This way includes listening to devotional songs and reciting Devotional songs to praise the almighty .It brings in happiness, positivity to the devotee’s heart.
- Smarana: – This is the most important way while practicing yoga. Bhakti yoga practioners need to master the practice of Smarana. Here, an individual has to constantly keep on remind himself of God’s presence around him to the extent that he forgets his own bodily presence. This feeling deeply brings about a positive change and enriches a person’s soul.
- Padasevana: – This is a combination of Karma yoga and Bhakti yoga. In this type a person need to serve towards humanity this takes him closer to God.
- Archana: – This means worshipping the Lord through a picture or image worship God through puja or havan the focus has to be in pleasing the lord by immersing yourself in complete prayer and reverence Bhakti yoga teaches you the perfect manner in which a puja should be conducted. It teaches you how to express your love, devotion and affection towards God.
- Vandana: – In this way of practicing Bhakti yoga, one need to completely devote himself to God through deep and profound spirituality ways. An Individual need to touch the floor with his forehead. This is a phase of complete submission to God through deep and profound spirituality techniques. You can do this by just lying down on the floor with your face towards the ground. Then just touch the floor with your forehead.
- Dasya: – An individual needs to have the feeling of being God’s servant. He needs to focus on aspect- serving the lord with honesty and sincerity. In this way one can completely come over from feelings like selfishness, ego and arrogance
- Sashay: – In this way an individual need to develop friendly and personal and relationship with God with whom you can confess and confer your problems and trouble.
- Atmanivedana this part of bhakti yoga deals with completely surrendering yourself to God. Here, you have to completely surrender yourself to the lord. After you devote yourself to God, you will finally attain eternal peace.
Peaceful mind and experience of divinity is all an individual can get once he start practicing Bhakti yoga.