Metabolism is the process in which your body converts your food into energy. It is a complex biochemical process, where calories in food and beverages are combined with oxygen to release the energy that the body needs to function. Body produces and consumes energy even at rest. All biological functions require energy, such as breathing, developing and managing cells. Energy is spent in eating food too. Digesting, absorbing, transporting and storing the food takes calories.
Any physical activity takes energy. Your body burns up calories when you walk, run, dance, swim or jog. It is by far the most important way of burning calories. It is the one way which can vary for everybody. You may have noticed that some people lose weight easily as compared to other. That depends on their physical activity and their metabolism. A slow metabolism is rarely the reason for excess weight gain. But your metabolism influences your body’s basic energy needs, it determines how much food and beverage you would take and your physical activity.
To lose weight you either need to lower your calorie intake or you need to burn the excess calories to keep the balance. There are a few things that one may take care of, when one starts to diet or begin a weight lose routine.
- One should eat just enough, so that one isn’t hungry. Three meals a day and two mid meals snacks should be taken every day. Staying hungry is not the solution, but eating right is.
- Caffeine should not be avoided altogether. A cup of caffeine can help in metabolism boost.
- Do not walk away from all kinds of carbs. You can switch to whole wheat bread, pasta, brown rice etc.
- Bring dairy and fruits into your meals. Both protein and calcium are of utmost importance for healthy body.
- Increase your intake of fiber foods.
To know more about Metabolism, Weight Loss, Dieting, Diet Foods, Weight Loss Foods, Slow Metabolism, Metabolism Boost, Fitness For Women, Wellness visit http://www.femaleadda.com/fitness-wellness and http://www.femaleadda.com/fitness