Pregnancy is the most beautiful experience in a women’s life. As it bring new happiness, hope and most important a new life to this beautiful world. It is the best time to start taking care of your physical and emotional health. You need to give a lot of attention to your health in order to make sure of a healthy delivery of the baby. You should give yourself best chance to give yourself a healthy and problem free pregnancy. Just follow these simple steps
1) As soon as you get to know that you are pregnant, visit a gynecologist or a midwife to organize your antenatal care. Organizing your antenatal care as soon as possible will only benefit you. As you will get good advice for a healthy pregnancy right from the start. You will also have a lot of time to organize any ultrasound scans and tests you need to go through. During that visit, you will also be tested for certain conditions that might cause any complications.
2) Now that you are eating for two it doesn’t mean that you have to take a diet for two people. You just need to eat 300 more calories per day. You tend to eat a lot during pregnancy as every ask you to do so. But, make sure you are eating right. There can be mood swings and uninvited food cravings. It is good to eat what you crave for but make sure you don’t overeat. Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits .add carbohydrates o your diet and eating a lot of proteins is a must during pregnancy. Stay away from any type of half cooked food especially raw eggs and meat; unprocessed dairy products are a total no.
3) Check the caffeine content of everything you consume. Limit your caffeine consumption up to less than 200mg per day .there are issues that too much caffeine can increase the risk of miscarriage. Caffeine makes it harder for your body to absorb iron. Also, pregnant women are already low on iron.
4) Regular exercising is very good for a mother to be as it gives strength and endurance .It helps you to cope better with the extra weight that you need to carry during pregnancy and the hard work of labour. Don’t go overboard just do some brisk walking or yoga or swimming. It also helps you in fighting depressions and mood swings.
5) For the next few months your feelings will go through many big and small rides. This will cause mood swings you might totally lose your temper or just calm down. If your mood swings are intense, you may be suffering from depression, which is pretty common during pregnancy. Nonetheless, share your feelings with the loved ones they will totally understand you. Make sure you have a happy and positive mind during pregnancy as it directly affects the baby.